About International Institute for Learning, Inc. (IIL)
With a wholly-owned network of operating companies all over the world and clients in more than 150 countries, IIL is the global leader in training, consulting, coaching and mentoring, and customized course development.
Our core competencies include: Project, Program and Portfolio Management; Business Analysis; Microsoft® Project and Project Server; Lean Six Sigma; PRINCE2®; ITIL® and IT Security; Agile and Scrum; Leadership and Interpersonal Skills; and Sustainability and Corporate Consciousness.
In 2013 IIL published, in association with McGraw-Hill Professional, the ground-breaking book Organizational Survival: Profitable Strategies for a Sustainable Future. During 2014 we joined the UN Global Compact, the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) and the Institute of Environmental Management & Assessment (IEMA), to become better able to take action and to support other organizations managing Sustainability activities.
Our strategy includes transforming IIL into a leader in sustainability practices and solutions while modelling for other global service organizations how to become stronger global citizens. At the present time, we embrace a 4-pronged strategy:
1. Offerings – Become a global leader in sustainability solutions.
2. Operations – Use the newly developed SEEE® sustainability model to inspire and transform other organizations.
3. Operations – Implement plans to measure and dramatically reduce IIL’s environmental footprint.
4. Communications – Model transparency and accountability in our progress with stakeholders using the GRI G4 framework.
A key step in building the right foundation for this approach is IIL’s participation in the UN Global Compact. Our commitment letter to the UN specifies the following two initiatives:
1. Develop and publish within IIL a sustainability policy framework that, among other objectives, reflects the UN Global Compact’s ten principles on human rights, labor, environment and anti-corruption as well as the eight Millennium Development Goals
2. Focus on activities creating literacy, awareness, and sensitivity in the context of Millennium Development Goal (MDG) #7: Ensure Environmental Sustainability
Because the way we choose to operate our business has a direct impact on the environment, it is our policy to:
– Comply with applicable environmental laws and regulations
– Conserve natural resources by reusing and recycling materials, as well as using products composed of recycled materials whenever possible
– Develop a practice of measuring and reducing our environmental footprint for all events
– Promote relevant environmental initiatives by our partners, vendors and suppliers
– Support employee engagement activities that are helping reduce our environmental footprint
– Regularly evaluate the aspects of our operations that impact the environment
The products of this strategy will help ensure the long term sustainability of our company, the planet and its global communities.